A dental bridge is a fixed—or non-removable—appliance typically used to replace missing teeth. If you’re considering a bridge, Dr. Walton will work closely with you to help determine what type of bridge will work best. Although, he favors porcelain fixed bridges because they resemble your natural teeth.
Some reasons for considering a fixed bridge:
- Fill space of missing teeth
- Maintain facial shape
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Restore chewing and speaking ability
- Restore your smile
- Upgrade from a removable partial denture to a permanent dental appliance
Similar to bridges, dental implants are another way to replace missing teeth and are often used in place of removable partial or complete dentures. Again, if you’re considering dental implants, Dr. Walton will work closely with you to determine the best method of treatment.
Some reasons for considering dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion
- Restore or enhance facial tissues
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable
- Restore a patient’s confident smile